Digital Badges are the new skills currency used to capture and share soft and transferable skills.
What are digital badges?
- A smart, simple, and visual way of recognising non-accredited learning.
- An effective and inexpensive way of demonstrating your impact as an organisation.
- Accessible anywhere to anyone, using only a website link.
- A useful tool for learners to proudly display on their website, email signature, LinkedIn profile, and CV.
For more information please explore the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Region of Learning app.
How do digital badges work?
Badges are simple to use and share:
- Complete the requirements to earn and claim a badge.
- Your badge notification will be sent to the email address you provided.
- You can either download the badge directly or create a badge backpack. A badge backpack enables you to store and move your earned badges between platforms. This ensures that you retain control over your own data and can organise and share collections of earned badges with the relevant audiences.
- Your badges are now ready to be shared on your preferred platform like LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or your personal website
What is the value of a digital badge?
A digital badge:
- Demonstrates that your knowledge is up to date and relevant.
- Shows those you share it with the knowledge and skills you have learnt and demonstrated to achieve your certificate.
- Shows that your certification is from a respected and credible source.
- Allows you to publicise your accomplishments on networking sites such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook, or as part of your email signature.
The Region of Learning has been made possible by funding through the European Social Fund and works in partnership with the Cambridge City Council and Shift Momentum.