Delivered on behalf of the Greater Cambridge Partnership
APPRENTICESHIP FAQS FOR EMPLOYERS
Hiring apprentices provide an effective way for any business to develop a skilled workforce as they equip individuals with the necessary skills, knowledge and behaviours they’ll need for specific job roles and industries. By boosting the skills of the workforce they also help to improve economic productivity.
Potential benefits to your business:
- increasing team productivity and motivation
- improving the quality of your product or service
- increasing employee satisfaction, thereby reducing staff turnover and recruitment costs
- fulfilling skills gaps in your organisation by adapting the training your apprentice receives
- enhancing diversity in your workforce
(Source: National Apprenticeship Service)
The first step is to find a training provider that supports the standard you want to offer. Greater Cambridge Apprenticeships can connect you to a range of trusted providers – contact us to get started.
Your training provider can help with:
- finding the right apprenticeship for you
- preparing your apprentice for your organisation
- making sure your apprentice is working in an appropriate environment
- finding the right pace of learning for your apprentice
- working with you to make sure your apprentice is learning the relevant skills.
All employers will receive £1,000 if at the start of the apprenticeship, the apprentice is aged between:
- 16-18 years old, or
- 19-24 years old and has previously been in care or has an Education, Health and Care plan provided by their local authority
This payment will be made to the employer in two equal instalments via your training provider.
- Connect you with the right training provider to suit your business and proposed apprenticeship.
- Add your organisation to our Business Profiles page, which highlights key apprenticeship employers in our region.
- Connect you with our network of schools, parents and potential candidates to find the best apprentice for your vacancy.
Contact us for more information and to get started.